Google Service has become an integral part of our lives. It is hard imagining a life without Google because most of what we do over the Internet, be it searching for something, emailing someone, watching a video, etc. all of them are products of Google. The interesting part is that the other alternatives to Google available are nowhere close to the convenience and the simplicity that Google offers.
Take Backup before deleting your Google Account
But in certain times, there could be a need to delete your Google Account. This could be when perhaps it is hacked, or you want to do away with an account permanently for personal reasons and start afresh, or practically any other reason. Google provides an easy way to delete either the entire Google service or just one of the services. But, make sure to take a backup of your Google account before deleting.
Steps to Delete your Google Account
Many of the users are under the impression that Google Accounts cannot be deleted, well, they can be. And here are the steps to do so:
- Open the Google Webpage and login to your account which you want to delete by using the credentials.
- Click on the Account round icon that appears on the top – the right of the screen and in it, click on the ‘Google Account’ button.
- In the next window that opens, you will see many cards containing different information and options related to the account. Find the card that reads, ‘Data and Personalization’. At the bottom of the card, you will find an option written in blue titled, ‘Manage your Data and Personalization’. Click on it.
- You will get into another window with a lot of cards and information. Scroll down a little until you find a card with the heading, ‘Download, delete or make a plan for your data’. There will be three options under it from which you have to select, ‘Delete a service or your account’.
- Find the card titled, ‘Delete a Google Account’. Click on the text written in blue, ‘Delete your account’. Following that, you will be prompted to enter the password once again. Once that is done, your account is deleted forever.
Google Account Deleted!!
So, these were the simple steps to delete your Google Account. Note that if you delete your Google Account, none of the other services linked to your account will work, which include Gmail, YouTube, etc. So, give it a thought before deleting or alternatively delete a specific service by selecting ‘Delete a service’ option in Step 5 above under the card ‘Delete a Google Service’.