The Internet can sometimes be a scary place. If ample measures are not taken to safeguard your online properties, things can get out of hand. The first step to being on good stead while being on the internet is to change passwords frequently. Here in this article, you will read in detail the procedure to change your Facebook password.
Why do you need to change passwords frequently?
We as human are designed to keep things simple, especially when it comes to remembering things. For these reasons most of us are of the habit of maintaining the same passwords for almost all our online accounts, be it social media accounts, bank accounts or email accounts. By accident, if someone gets access to your password, he gets access to everything, which can be disastrous. So it is always better to keep separate passwords for each of your accounts and keep changing them periodically. This is the simplest thing that you can do to safeguard your online properties and your personal information.
Getting back to the topic of how to change Facebook password, here we go!
Step-By-Step Process to Change Facebook Password
How to change the Facebook password from your Desktop?
There are primarily two ways to change your Facebook account’s password, one from your mobile application and the other one from your desktop. Let us discuss both of them.
- Step 1 – Login to your Facebook account from your desktop
- Step 2 – On the top right corner of your Facebook account, click on the drop-down icon and then click on ‘Settings’
- Step 3 – On the left-hand side of the screen you are displayed with a menu. In that menu, click on the second option – ‘Security and Login’
- Step 4 – On the center of your screen, you are displayed with a list of security setting options. In the second section of the list, the first item which says Change Password, click on the Edit button against it.
- Step 5 – You are displayed with the following fields – Current, New and Retype New. Key in your current password and new password in the fields displayed and click on the Save Changes button.
- That’s it! You are done changing your password.
How to change the Facebook password from your Facebook Mobile App?
If you have completely forgotten your existing password, in the login section click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link and provide your email accounts. A separate password reset link is sent to your email Id from where you can reset your password. Also, note that there is no limit to the no of times you can change your Facebook password.
- Step 1 – On the top right corner of your Facebook app, tap on the three-line [horizontal] menu icon.
- Step 2 – Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap on ‘Settings’
- Step 3 – Under the ‘Security’ tab, tap on “Security & Login”.
- Step 4 – Tap on the “Change password” option under the “Login” tab.
- Step 5 – Enter your Current and New Facebook passwords and retype the new password in the fields provided. Click Save changes and your changes will be saved.
- You are done!
Ready to Change FB password?
Changing Facebook passwords frequently is one of the simplest steps towards securing your account. When keeping your online stuff and personal information is so simple, why not try it, and try it frequently.