Who hasn’t had their display names or email ids created back in the days and now regret them being too cheeky? We all have at some point in life. If this is the case with you with regards to your SnapChat user name as well, nothing to worry about. You can get it changed. Here is how you can change your SnapChat Username in a jiffy.
Note that this is a workaround technique to change your SnapChat user name. SnapChat doesn’t directly allow changes to your user name for security reasons. There is no simple edit user name button to undo your user name. In this technique you with changing your username to a new name of your choice for display purpose only, however, your username will remain the same.
In short, your original username will be seen only if someone visits your profile, otherwise, the new name is displayed everywhere else.
How to Change Display Name of your SnapChat account?
- Login to your SnapChat account
- On the home page of your account, tap on your profile bitmoji located on the top left corner. Now you are on your profile page.
- On the top right corner of your profile page, tap on the gear icon which takes you to your account setting page
- In the menu displayed tap on the Name field (listed first in the menu)
- You will now see two fields First Name and Last Name. Update these two fields to the new display name of your choice. Note that the last name is optional
- Tap on the Save button. This is it, you are done.
Once you are done with this, your new name is displayed in all your conversations with the username being almost invisible to others unless they visit your profile page.
Changing display name is one of the best ways to unknot wrong that was done earlier, however, there is another plan that can work best too. It would suit you if you are alright to give away your current account – Delete the account and create a new one.