Looking to deactivate your Instagram account because you are being bullied? Or you just want to take some time out of social networking? Whatever your reason may be, account deactivation is very much allowed on Instagram and you too can do it within minutes, either from your desktop or Instagram mobile app.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account from Desktop?
- Login in to your Instagram Account from your Desktop
- On the top right-hand corner of your account, click on the icon with a little head and a shoulder (that resembles a human)
- Now you are on your Account page, here click on the ‘Edit Profile’ button which is next to you Instagram account name
- Now you are on your Account settings page. Scroll down and click on the ‘Temporarily Disable My Account’ link on the bottom right corner of the page
- In the ‘Temporarily Disable My Account’ page, provide the reason for deactivation in ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ drop-down field, and retype your account password in ‘To continue, please re-enter your password’ field. In case if you have forgotten your password, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ to reset it. Once reset, start from step 1.
- Click on the ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ button. You are done!
Note that once an Instagram account is deactivated, your content will be hidden until you reactivate your account.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account from Mobile App?
As of 2019, Instagram has removed the option to Deactivate Instagram Accounts from mobile apps. If you have a mobile phone app and still want to temporarily disable your Instagram account, you have to log in to your account from your mobile browser. Follow the steps provided under the section ‘How to Deactivate Instagram Account from Desktop?’ of this article.
Note: If you have deactivated your Instagram account, you have to wait at least 24 hours before you can reactive it again. If reactivation is in your mind, instead of account deactivation, you can do either of the following –
- If you intend to deactivate your account as you are into it too much? Just keep your mobile aside or do not log in to your account from desktop
- If you are being bullied, block them
- If you want to keep your information away from people, make your account private
Deactivation of Instagram account is a simple process and it is best if you cannot control your Instagram addition and want to take a day out. Thanks to the 24-hour reactivation restriction. Try it.