Tumblr is an excellent social networking site that realizes the importance of images and visuals in driving viewers to a specific piece of content. Recognized as highly interactive, it allows every user to create a consolidated database of blogs, videos, songs, etc. You can start new trends on Tumblr, use attractive visuals to overcome a language barrier, and more. While it is easy to create a Tumblr account, it is just as easy to delete it. Continue reading ahead to find the steps.
Steps to delete a Tumblr account on PC
- First, you must log in to your Tumblr account and click on the settings option that is available on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Remember that you can delete an account only from the web browser, so you must use the desktop instead of your mobile app. The mobile app is only meant for deleting blog posts and not your account.
- After you have found the settings page, you must scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can find the delete account button. It is a simple and quick process, so you do not need to answer any security questions or anything. However, it is a permanent deletion, and there is no way that you can recover your old account.
- Thus, they ask you for the last confirmation, whether you are sure that you want to delete your account. Click to confirm your decision. Keep your username and password handy to delete.
You may like: 4 Best Tumblr Alternatives 2020
Steps to delete a Tumblr account on Mobile
You can easily delete your Tumblr content from your phone. Be it iOS, or Android, all that you need to do is select the blogs from the account section. Open your Mobile browser and choose the Desktop site and follow the above steps.
FAQs on deleting Tumblr account
- Can I get back my posts if I delete my Tumblr account and rejoin?
No, you cannot get back your old posts after you have deleted your Tumblr account and rejoined. It is a permanent change. Thus, your posts are lost forever.
- How do I get back to my old account?
You cannot get back to your previous account. Deleting your Tumblr account will delete all your information and posts. You will have to register as a new user.
- Can I restore my Tumblr theme?
No, you cannot restore your Tumblr theme after you have deleted the account once. All your posts, shares, and themes will be deleted along with your account. You can ask Tumblr to move your posts to another domain.
- Can Tumblr delete my account without my permission?
Yes, Tumblr has the full authority to suspend your account on the grounds of propagating nudity, violence, or tampering with anyone else’s intellectual property (posting without their permission).
With the steps mentioned above, you can easily delete your Tumblr account within minutes. Tumblr has several attractive features, and one of them is the re-blogging feature, where you can repost what the other users are sharing. So, to put it in a nutshell, there is something for every user. If you are not on the domain already, now is a good time to keep up with what’s trending. Even if you are deleting your account, there is nothing to worry about because you can join back anytime.