You could have blocked someone on Facebook either to wipe out their posts on your feed or to hide your information from them, or it could be to defend yourself from online abuse. The reasons could be many. It is in human nature to cut the noise from their lives and there is no reason to be guilty of blocking someone. Here in this article, you will read how to unblock someone, whom you had earlier blocked, on Facebook.
It is easy to block someone on Facebook, but unblocking takes a little effort. To block someone on Facebook, all you need to do is visit the account that you intend to block. Click on the 3 dotted button on the right corner of the account’s cover image. Select ‘Block’ from the drop-down and you are done.
But, now if you have changed your mind, here is how you unblock an account that you had blocked earlier – Follow these simple step by step instructions depending on whether you are using Desktop or Mobile App for Facebook access.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook on Desktop?
- Login to your Facebook Account
- Click on the dropdown (downward pointing arrow), and select ‘Settings’On the left-hand side of your screen, click on the field that says ‘Blocking’
- In the second section of the displayed screen i.e. Block Users, you will see a list of accounts that are currently blocked by you. Against each of these accounts, you would view a link that says ‘Unblock’. Click on the ‘Unblock’ link against the account that you want to unblock.
- You are displayed with a pop up for confirmation. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button to unblock the account, else click on ‘Cancel’.
Note: An Unblocked account can be reblocked only after 48 hours.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook on Mobile App?
- Open Facebook App on your mobile phone
- On the top right-hand corner of your app, tap on the icon with 3 horizontal lines
- Scroll to the bottom of the newly navigated screen and tap on ‘Settings’
- In the Account Setting screen, scroll down and locate and tap the ‘Blocking’ field under the Privacy section. You are navigated to the ‘Block Users’ page.
- Under the ‘Blocked Users’ section, you can view all the accounts that are currently blocked by you. Tap on the ‘Unblock’ button against the account that you want to unblock.
- In the confirmation page, tap on the ‘Unblock’ button to confirm your action, else click on ‘Cancel’
- That’s it, you are done
Very much like in our lives, when we want to cut the clatter, on Facebook too we can listen to what we want to with the help of its Block and Unblock features. Make the best use of it when you want to without guilt.